2009年4月25日 星期六

Objective Subjectivity

Opinion is always subjective and personal. Even those official histories we read from authority are no exception. During last four year education from university, I notice we have more opportunities to speak out our personal viewpoints toward everything and explain the reasons. The reasons will be told in a logical and well-evidenced way. However, its background is just a combination from our chosen information of books or on the internet. That means we actually created the background which seems totally objective for our saying. Take TV news or documentary films as an example. The videos or interviews were filmed without predisposition, but before it is broadcasted, it will be edited with his point of view. As a result, the information we see is barely close to objectivity.

I like music. And I want to take this object as my main theme for the following year graduate design. Therefore, recently, I traced back to the classic album from Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time. Most of them were released during the mid-1960s.(The Hippie) In fact, I am only 23 years old. The war is too far away from me. How can I make myself really understand that period? There even nothing about Taiwan. I am still thinking and trying…

沒有留言: